When Might You Use This Feature?
Exams and Evaluations is one of the most robust features on the platform! To introduce administrators to this feature, we're encouraging you to use the Course Evaluation function.
This will allow you to create a survey to gather feedback from your learners for programs and modules that you have created.
You can add a Course Evaluation to any online module, learning path (program) or live training event.
So How Do You Do It?
Basically, you'll need to do the following in order to create a course evaluation and add it to a module.
1. Create a question pool.
2. Create some questions.
3. Create an exam pool.
4. Create the course evaluation.
5. Associate the evaluation to a learning module.
Best Practice and Advice from Pilot Group
We want to thank our pilot volunteers for testing this feature for us! They shared the following words of advice to pass along to our member admins.
- Make sure this tool is the right tool for what you're trying to accomplish.
- Be sure you have your exam configuration correct before rolling it out to users. For example, if you forget to set the passing score and number of attempts, users could get all of the questions incorrect but pass the exam.
- Think through your organizational plan for how evaluations will be conducted and exam policies (number of attempts, passing score, allowing review of exam questions, etc.).
- I recommend reporting policies be discussed at an organizational level. What information does your organization want to collect and how will it be used?
- Start small, learn fast, and be prepared to scale.